This really has been an unbelievable time. There have been many closures, cancellations, and changes during this time period of Covid and it has been challenging in so many ways.
One thing I have found is that consistently showing up is so important. People are in a funk. People are under extreme pressure and anxiety. Keep showing up! If you continue to put one foot in front of the other and continue to run the race, you will keep showing up. This time too shall pass, and when it does, whether it’s a few more months from now or almost another year from now, you will look back and be proud of yourself for continuing to show up.
When you are tired: SHOW UP. When you don’t feel like it. SHOW UP. When people are angry at you: SHOW UP. When no one is happy to be in this: SHOW UP.
How can we help those that are struggling with showing up?
How can we be a rock for someone else?
Here are a few things to reflect on:
- Take care of yourself. If you continue to show up with your best self and your positive energy it’s contagious.
- Continue to model what showing up looks like.
- Invite people to show up. Ask them to be part of your team or your meeting.
- Be empathetic to those who are struggling with showing up. This is a challenge for many. People are going through amazing amounts of stress and anxiety right now. Lead with empathy through these times.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself or others. Smile, tell a funny story or joke, and don’t be afraid to make others laugh. It’s good for the soul as well as for you.
I wish you the best through this time. If I can help you in any way don’t hesitate to reach out @andrewmarotta21 on Twitter. #KeepRolling
|#LeadershipSparks: Stay Active|
Quote: “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody.”
— Herbert B. Swope