#ELBlog #202: Sunrise To Sunset
We were on a family vacation in Miramar Beach, Florida which is in the Panhandle of Florida, only 30 miles from the Alabama border. There you will find a beautiful Gulfshore, soft sand, and warm breezes. It’s the perfect combination of beautiful weather, time together as a family, time off from school, and just time off and away from reality.
It’s very interesting here this time of year. The sun rises from our view looking over the ocean on the left, and then in the early evening it sets on the right side of the ocean. For the first time in my life, or at least that I can remember, I watched both the sunrise and the sunset on the same beach, the same horizon. Seems weird right? Both were magical, priceless, and timeless. I’m sitting here writing this the morning after while sitting back out on the beach in the same spot. As I reflected on yesterday I thought the following:
- Each day gives us a gift. What am I doing to make the best of it?
- Each day has a finite time. Some seem shorter, some seem longer, some have bad weather, some are enjoyable. But the 1,440 minutes are the same for all of us.
- All good things come to an end. Bad things do too. Some you have control over and some you don’t.
- Do things that make you happy, as well as make others happy.
Life is short. So are the sunsets.
- Rest and recovery are so important. I’m a person that is always
go-go-go. The ocean can make you reflect and slow down. Regardless of your pace, the waves keep coming.
- If you’re having a bad day, tomorrow will be a new day. If you’re having a good day, tomorrow is coming. If you get up early enough you can see the sunrise and start again.
Wishing continued wellness and health for you in 2022!
#LeadershipSparks: Enjoy The Journey