“Andrew Marotta recently spoke at the Oregon School Boards Association (OSBA) annual convention and he truly wowed our members with his high energy and storytelling capabilities to weave a poignant message for our members – leadership matters!
Sunday morning at our convention is the wrap up to our annual marquee event and we could not have asked for a better closer than Andrew! His ability to engage our audience with his message and his ability to incorporate humor and real-life stories from his experiences into a powerful message was masterful! Whether telling stories from his days as a D-1 basketball referee or his daily work with students as a school principal, his message inspired our members and kept them engaged throughout his presentation.
If you want a high-energy, positive speaker that will keep your members on the edge of their seats with stories and humor while providing a powerful message about life and leadership – then bring Andrew Marotta to your event – simply one of the best!
Very few people have the ability to communicate with a large crowd, and yet make you feel that you are the only one in the room having a one-on-one conversation with the presenter, Andrew has that unique talent!
I have seen many people speak over my 30-plus year career, no one has the energy and the ability to tell a story and have it mean something like Andrew! Your members will leave his presentation engaged, entertained, and empowered! Our members raved about his presentation and wanted more!”
Surviving & Thriving Keynote/Conference Offerings
Each can be scheduled for 75, 90, 120 mins, half-day or full-day sessions
The School Leader: Surviving & Thriving
The Partnership: Surviving & Thriving
Building better relationships through proactive and intentional actions.
Want to have better, stronger relationships with your stakeholders? Tired of getting/feeling ‘beat-up?’ Want to improve your public speaking and communication skills? Have people coming at you way too hard and not sure how to handle it and want some effective strategies? Feel like you are being too reactive instead of more proactive in your relationships? Come join Andrew Marotta and be part of the fun, interactive, and thought-provoking workshop The Partnership: Surviving & Thriving: Building better relationships through proactive and intentional actions.
In this energy-filled workshop, Andrew will lead you through a variety of strategies, techniques, tips, and hacks that will help improve your overall communication and interactions with your stakeholders: staff, students, and parents. A few examples are:
- The difficult one on one conversation
- Awareness of body language
- The ‘Ladder’ of active listening
- The large assembly setting: How to own it?
- E + R=O
- The energy of your office and school building setting
- Successful vs. Significant
- And much more
The goal of this workshop is that you feel more confident, comfortable, and prepared to handle the many complex and challenging social situations that are rapidly coming at school leaders in today’s world.
Twitter for Educators
The Uncommon Scenarios
Tales from the Hardwood:
Andrew Marotta is a Principal & former Mens Division 1 college basketball referee. He officiated in several major Division 1 conferences including the ACC, Atlantic 10, CAA, IVY & Patriot Leagues, and more. He learned from the best working at the highest levels. Come hear stories, be inspired, and fill your leadership bucket learning from his time as an official and how they can relate to your own leadership with your job, family, and personal life.
Take-a-way points include:
- Mentorship: helping those around you while being at your best.
- How to be at your best when it matters the most.
- The pressure cooker: balancing your time, wellness, and family through it all.
- The power of your presence.
- How to make “the right call” at the most difficult times.
- Supporting your colleagues like a champion, and more.
You will laugh, cry, reflect, and be moved to action during this powerful, story-filled, inspirational session.
Leading Faster: Surviving & Thriving
Blessed with ADD/ADHD? Want to learn how to channel this amazing superpower? Come join Andrew to share, celebrate, and learn the best strategies and practices to lead with the power of ADD/ADHD. Concentration, focus, simplifying, and more. What are our pitfalls, how to avoid them, and do the things that help us survive and THRIVE while leading with ADD/ADHD
For teachers, all staff, & district openings:
Want to make a significant impact on the lives of the students and community you serve? Want your reach to extend beyond your classroom? Looking to do more than expected, and create enriching, amazing experiences for students and families? Today’s Significant Educator is for you and your district.
Teachers and school staff face a complex and challenging task in today’s educational world, now more than ever. Andrew will empower and enthuse teachers and school personnel to further develop significant relationships with students and stakeholders through the power of storytelling, creating enriching, authentic experiences, and applying strategies to better connect with these vital groups. You will laugh, cry, and be moved in your emotions in this powerful, energetic presentation. #SurviveThrive
Above the Line, Surviving & Thriving: Interactive Leadership Activity
- What are some of the top behaviors & strategies ‘the best’ do?
- What are some things we need to STOP doing in our lives?
- How can we become more effective in our communication & relationship building?
- Being intentional with our time and activities to be our best selves.
- Sharing, listening and collaborating with the group of learners and leaders.
In this activity, you will be up, writing, reflecting, & sharing with others. You literally participate by sharing your Above the Line strategies to be your best self. Learn some ‘awesome-sauce’ tools as well from Andrew and the group! #SurviveThrive
5 Part Book Series: The Principal: Surviving & Thriving
Support, Support, Support: You, your team, your future
Create the School That Kids are Excited to Attend
- Bringing amazing energy each day.
- Creating student voice & choice.
- Using technology & social media to tell your story.
- Inspect what you expect, being present, being intentional.
- Build a beautiful school setting and keep it that way!
- Smile, humor, and finding the joy in it all.
You can’t do it alone either. Andrew will brainstorm, converse, and share about not only strategies you can do as the leader, and how to build collective commitments from stakeholders.
The Power of Storytelling
Participants will learn how to tell the right story, at the right time, to the right people. Take-a-ways include:
- A number of stories to get you started
- How to tell a story.
- How body language, enthusiasm, voice, and more all can have an impact on your audience.
- How bring your audience alive and connect with them in a powerful, memorable way.
Don’t Sweat Your Observation!
For School Board groups:
Surviving & Thriving
Serving your school community as a school board member can be quite rewarding and impactful. It also can be challenging at times as you face a number of complex and thought-provoking situations. You are also tasked with making difficult decisions in public, sometimes pressure-filled situations.
Are you looking to be reinvigorated in your role as a school board member? Do you want to add some new tools to your toolbox and sharpen up some existing ones? Want to improve your presence, communication skills, and focus on supporting your school team more?
Come join Andrew Marotta and the inspiring keynote: Today’s Significant School Board Member: Surviving & Thriving. Andrew is an active and proud Principal in NY in his 18th year, 25th in education. He is an author of three books, a motivational speaker, and former Mens Division 1 basketball official. He will share through positive energy and the power of storytelling the following take-a-ways for you as school board member:
- Practical and inspirational ways to support your stakeholders.
- ABC: Always be communicating: from body language to engaging communication techniques.
- The ladder technique of being an effective listener.
- E+R=O and F.E.A.R.
- Being the school board member that people want to work with.
- The power of a single experience.
- Being mindful and intentional of the climate and culture of your board and district.
- Successful vs. significant and more.
Andrew will move your emotions in this energizing keynote talk. Come join him to reflect, grow, and learn in your own practice to best serve your school community and stakeholders. Survive and thrive with Andrew today and beyond.